Sunday, February 8, 2009

Independance

Kelsey went home for the weekend, Kelly went to her grandma's, and Markus isn't getting here until next weekend. I worked Friday night (which means different things on different days, but apparently this weekend it meant solitary confinement), and chose to pass up a Sleepy Eyes of Death concert with the boys Saturday. So I spent a lot of time crafting this weekend.

I sewed my first real project for someone else. Which is actually kind of weird, and definitely different than sewing for yourself. I sent the package home with Kelsey's mom.. so I haven't gotten a reaction yet.




I was on duty Friday night, so I unraveled a second hand sweater, washed and re-balled the yarn (while watching episode after episode of House), and began my absolutely haphazard scarf. It's going to be super long, with all sorts of random stripes.



And then I whipped up a headband today. Kels had bought a really pretty black silky one at Anthro the other day, and I was inspired to give it a shot. I'm really happy with how it came out.. especially since I'm not generally a headband wearer.



No comments: